Our fight: to make good hygiene a reality that everyone can achieve
Our vision is to create a healthier world built on the foundation of good hygiene. Our fight is to make good hygiene a reality that everyone can achieve. This is why we’ve been striving to deliver quality antibacterial products and mass hygiene education.
Helping millions of families globally
We take great pride in the knowledge that Dettol is deeply ingrained in millions of families around the world for good hygiene. All the way from the great-grandparents to the newborns, our hygiene solutions help protect the ones we love.
Harnessing the Power of Protectors
We believe it’s important to empower & equip people with the right hygiene knowledge to break the chain of infection. This is why we make sure to:
- Educate individuals such as children, new mothers, front-line workers, community leaders and more on the importance of hygiene through our programmes. For example, globally we’ve reached over 8 million new mothers and millions of children and teens through our school programmes with our hygiene education.
- Partner with Government and public authorities (national and local) to play a pivotal role on policy & planning, infrastructure building and monitoring & enforcement. Primary focusing on schools, health care centres.
- Academia/Medical & Educators: driving research and scientific understanding around hygiene issues build credibility and authority. Learning centres to teach hygiene and healthcare settings where risk is high.
- Media: we drive hygiene and health education via TV communication, social media, print media.
We work with a variety of charities and NGOs around the globe to get health education into the homes of many underprivileged families - it’s these individual micro-interventions that cause long lasting global change. Dettol is the ever-present protector that will continue to keep those around you from harm.
Project Access Funds (UK)
We are also committed to helping when people need it the most and often that’s when a disaster strikes. For example, as part of our parent company Reckitt, we’ve mobilised £40 million as part of our RB Fight for Access Fund to address our collective fight against the spread of Covid-19. Our immediate focus is to address the stress faced by our consumers and communities where we operate, to break the chain of infection.
Project Access Funds (AU)
In 2020, Reckitt has been committed to helping inform Australian families about effective hand hygiene practices through all of its brands, including Dettol, which has been marketed for over 80 years. We have executed a variety of initiatives toward this cause, such as providing mental health and business support to pharmacists on the front-line during the pandemic, access to hand hygiene education via our Dettol Healthy Habits primary school curriculum program, donating hand sanitiser and soaps to communities in need, and partnering with businesses such as Uber and Mirvac Shopping Centres to ensure safety is top-of-mind for their customers and staff.
Project Access Funds: Supporting Northern Beaches Lockdown (AU)
In December 2020, Christmas might look a little different in New South Wales, as COVID-19 clusters spread across greater Sydney at a particularly vulnerable time. To do our part, Dettol Australia quickly mobilised to deliver over 140,000 Instant Hand Sanitiser Gels for use by people waiting to be tested at various Northern Beaches testing clinics.
Our brands have a critical role to play in promoting hygiene and health in the fight against the current Covid-19 pandemic.
Where disaster strikes, Dettol responds with donations of free products and sometimes monetary donations to disaster relief efforts. We want to stand by you, this is what drives us every day; to be able to protect the people and places you love.
During 2020, Dettol Australia made numerous product donations to our CSR Partner Our Big Kitchen, and other charities such as Fire Relief, Flood Relief, Meals on Wheels, and more.
- Global Health and the Future Role of the United States. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2017 May 15. 3, Infectious Diseases, Pandemic Influenza, and Antimicrobial Resistance: Global Health Security Is National Security. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK458470/